My Findings on HTML5 – Video / Audio Tags
Objective of the Research Findings
- Find useful HTML5 elements which are now safe to use in modern browser
- Must have some fallback strategy as backup.
Solutions found so far for VIDEO/AUDIO TAG,
- Use video tags in conjunction with with flowplayer.org as fallback. Using MP4 as the standard file format for all videos.
- Firefox 3.6 still have problems playing mp4 video using VIDEO TAG (they only can support Ogg format for now).
- Refer to samples on how to implement this feature more in http://videojs.com/
- For audio tags should be using MP3 as standard file format for all audio. Again Firefox 3.6 having problem on that. (they only can support Ogg format for now).
- If you need an audio specific fallback code http://soukie.net/degradable-html5-audio-and-video-plugin/